HENDERSON PRODUCTS - CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
FACILITY: 1085 South Third Street, Manchester, IA
JOB TYPE: Full Time
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
The use of correct welding techniques and the proper application of welding equipment are considered core competencies at Henderson Products. Inc. The principal function of the Weld Engineer position is to improve weld efficiencies, establish weld standards, and to train employees in the use of the appropriate welding techniques and equipment as they apply to products manufactured by Henderson. Secondarily, this position will be responsible for improving all weld quality process aspects including process time, weld quality, rework reduction, corrective action, efficiency, cost reduction, and ensuring compliance to all safety and environmental requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish general welding standards for major products and document equipment operating procedures.
Train and certify welders as required to meet Company weld quality standards and operating procedures.
- Conduct documented, welding related classroom training and on hands training geared to individual welder training requirements.
- Establish welding parameters designed to improve weld quality / training.
- Maintain records for welder certification / training.
- Create standard work documents using supervisor/employee input, photos, and proven practices.
- Analyze and improve welding processes throughout the facility to improve yields, decrease welding cycle times, and improve first run capabilities.
- Improve welding equipment efficiencies to improve manufacturing reliability, reduce weld wire usage, and to reduce other related manufacturing costs.
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment purchases; assist in the generation of related cost justifications.
Lead / support teams to find root causes & corrections to welding issues.
- Improve / develop inspection process to reduce warranty claims.
- Work to build and enhance partnership with continuing education facilities (i.e. Technical colleges, weld training programs, and high school development programs).
- Support all locations with proper training on weld technique and equipment upgrades.
- Assist in pre-employment welding tests.
- B.A. or B.S. in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing environment and a proven track record of successes in training, developing welding processes and procedures.
Familiarity with welding certification procedures and documentation.
- American Welding Society certification is a plus.
Required Skills & Competencies
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and /or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem analysis and resolution ability; ability to work with equipment specifications.
- Technological skills required with knowledge of operation’s manufacturing software, as well as Microsoft products, including Excel and Word in Windows environment.
- Proficient reading welding procedures, welding symbols and fabrication drawings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player.
- Ability to work across multiple shifts as needed.
- Production Floor time: 75%
- Office time: 25%
- Travel: 10%
Three Ways to Apply Now:
1) Apply online here!
2) In person at Henderson Products, Inc., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057
3) Call for an application to 563-927-2828
We offer an attractive pay & benefits package in our progressive & growing company. EOE/Pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background inquiry required.
Henderson Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
The employment application form found above is a Microsoft Word document. If you choose to fill out the form
electronically, you'll need to save it to your computer once complete. From there you have three options for submitting
- re-attach in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- print the form and fax it to: (563) 927-7041
- print the form and mail it to: Henderson Products,
HR Dept., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057
For more information on Career Opportunities at Henderson Products, call Henderson Products at 800-359-4970.
Copyright © 2017 Henderson Products, Inc., a division of Douglas Dynamics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.