HENDERSON PRODUCTS - CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Environmental Health & Safety Engineer (EHS)
FACILITY: 22686 Fisher Road, Watertown, NY
JOB TYPE: Full Time
EXPERIENCE: 2 - 5 Years
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
Responsibilities of this position are for Henderson’s overall employee safety and health program, as well as for the company’s environmental compliance program. EHS Engineer focuses on the safety of products and processes in a working environment and is responsible for developing new solutions to identify and minimize potential threats or risks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Establish and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by management of the company’s safety program
- Ensure proper Personal Protective Equipment is being complied with by all employees
- Manage and administer first aid, including AED
- Develop training needs analyses, and conduct or arrange for safety-related training for employees
- Train new hires on safety program and policies
- Identify and evaluate root causes of safety incidents
- Develop and implement ongoing safety and health programs, policies, and procedures
- Manage workers compensation program
- Management of Lock-Out Tag-Out Program including full implementation, monitoring, and ongoing training for affected parties
- Inspect hoists, lift chains, ladders, fire protection systems, and other equipment and machines, etc., and prepare proper paperwork/recordkeeping
Ensure proper adherence to government regulations and standards
- Monitor facility and processes for adherence to OSHA guidelines and the elimination of industrial accidents
- Monitor DOT Compliance, including HAZMAT training, and DOT driver training
- Assist in determining sources and methods of controlling pollutants on the company premises; obtain permits as required by EPA, RCRA, etc. (environmental compliance)
- Chairperson of safety committee; organize and conduct meetings
- Responsible for coordinating the implementation of Management Accountability for Loss Control with Henderson’s loss control insurance representatives
Oversee compliance of Safety at all remote Henderson locations; monitor safety program for all remote employees/salespeople
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis for all job types on production floor and at IDC locations including Ergonomic Studies
- Biannual onsite visits to IDC’s for safety compliance and safety program training.
- Identify and implement capital projects pertaining to safety deficiencies
Required Skills & Competencies
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and /or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, environmental laws, and employee safety and health issues
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem analysis and resolution ability; solid decision-making skills.
- Technological skills required with knowledge of operation’s manufacturing software, Microsoft products, including Excel and Word in Windows environment.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong team player
- Time management; ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently
Education & Work Experience
- B.A. or B.S. in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, Safety, Business preferred, or other relative area
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 40 Hour OSHA Training Certificate a plus
- Production Floor time: 60% Office time: 40% Travel: Up to 25%
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Three Ways to Apply Now:
1) Apply online here!
2) In person at Henderson Products, Inc., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057
3) Call for an application to 563-927-2828
We offer an attractive pay & benefits package in our progressive & growing company. EOE/Pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background inquiry required.
Henderson Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
The employment application form found above is a Microsoft Word document. If you choose to fill out the form
electronically, you'll need to save it to your computer once complete. From there you have three options for submitting
- re-attach in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- print the form and fax it to: (563) 927-7041
- print the form and mail it to: Henderson Products,
HR Dept., 1085 S. 3rd St., Manchester, IA 52057
For more information on Career Opportunities at Henderson Products, call Henderson Products at 800-359-4970.
Copyright © 2017 Henderson Products, Inc., a division of Douglas Dynamics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.